Throughout this whole situation of my not having a job, I've been nervous. I've wondered how we are going to get through this. I wonder when a job will come along. It's not easy feeling like your entire life is at a standstill. But I know God works through ALL things. I know that He is using this time to teach J.R. and I some lessons and to cause us to grow. That's usually not an easy thing. So I'm trying to learn what I can (as fast as I can) so I can move on to the next step.
In the midst of all my questions God continues to tell me one thing. He keeps telling me "I am your provider." Everytime I start to worry and wonder, God steps in and says, "I am your provider." It's been wonderful to hear that time and time again. I'll be honest, it doesn't stop me from worrying all the time. But it does give me a peace of mind to know that God is my provider no matter what circumstances in life may come.
It is one thing to hear that God is my provider. However, living and walking that out can be difficult. Over the past few weeks God has proved His faithfulness to J.R. and I time and time again. Some of these are just small little things. Others are huge. Either way they are reminders that what God says is true and that He will provide for us. So I just wanted to take a minute to give praise to my God that has provided for us. I also want to get this down in writing so I won't forget his every provision.
For example:
- A few weeks ago J.R. and I were at a Bible study. During that time, we prayed as a group that I would find a job and that God would provide for our needs. When we got home there was a message on the machine offering me $200 to be involved in a survey. Woo Hoo!
- Over the past almost 2 weeks, J.R. and I have had to pay for a total of 3 dinners for ourselves. The rest of the time we have been to friends and family for dinner. That has definitely saved us quite a bit of money.
- My mom has been wanting me to do a website for her cake company for a LONG time. She finally got my dad to get all her pictures uploaded so I could work on it. I finished it last week. On our weekly hang out time (my mom has Friday's off so we usually spend some time together. It's been really nice.), she gave me a card thanking me for all my hard work and $100. Amazing!
- At church on Sunday, a friend of mine walked up to me during our time of offering. (Our church does offering in a rather unusual way. I love it! Rather than having buckets passed around, people bring their offering and place them in buckets in front of the church. It's not about showing off that you are giving or the pastors checking to make sure you are giving. It's seen as an act of worship to bring your offering to God. I think it's cool.) Anyway. She came up to me and gave me a hug. She shoved something in my hand and quickly said, "I'm just doing what I'm supposed to do." Then she rushed off. She had given me a check for $100. I began crying. (As I'm writing this I began to cry again.) I was so touched because I know they don't have a lot of money. But I know that they were being obedient to God. I knew God was taking care of us. Because of her gift and the money my mom gave me, we were able to make rent this month. We wouldn't have otherwise.
Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the
ground apart from your Father’s will. But the very hairs of your head are
all numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many
sparrows.~ Matthew 10:29-31


0 comments:
Post a Comment