Pages

Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas

We had a very nice Christmas this year, nothing too much out of the ordinary. We always spend Christmas Eve with J.R.'s mom. We ordered Chinese. I wasn't too upset as it was from my favorite Chinese place. It's actually pretty healthy compared to most Chinese places which is saying something. It's a small hole in the wall place that is ALWAYS packed. It's fantastic and they are extremely quick with their waiters and waitresses almost running around the tiny little restaurant. Anyway.

I was excited to get a dvd, Prince Caspian. I absolutely love these books and the movies that have recently been done are very true to the story so I love them too. Then I was surprised to find that J.R.'s mom got us a Wii. It is so fantastic!! I love this thing. J.R. and I have wanted one since we played at his aunt's house over a year ago. We obviously spent the rest of the evening playing Wii and had a really great time.

Christmas morning J.R. and I headed over to my parents where we had cinnamon rolls. Yumm! Then we opened presents. My parents gave me some nice warm socks and gloves (along with the wonderful hair cut I already got!) They also got me a nice new devotional. J.R. got me another dvd, The Bourne Ultimatum, to finish out the set. He also surprised me big time when he gave me this necklace. (Except mine is in all white gold.) I absolutely love it!

Before and after dinner were spent playing the Wii. Neither of my parents had ever played and they are now hooked, especially my mom who never plays video games. In fact, my mom wants one of her own now. We told her we would bring it over whenever she wanted. She said, "Ok, everyday then." : ) I told her if she wanted us to bring it over so often she should buy us a bag. She quickly agreed. We then spent the next week trying to track one down. I didn't realize it would be such a big deal finding one. Silly me.

After dinner with my parents, J.R. and I headed out to his aunt's house to spend the rest of the day with his dad's family. We had a nice time with all the family. I got a call from my parents while we were there telling me they had to take my grandfather to the hospital. I was a bit more than upset about it. My parents talked about leaving right then and there but then decided to go on with our plan. J.R. and I didn't stick around too long because we had to go home and pack. Fun! Thankfully I got some sleep in there. So our Christmas was very nice this year!I'll be writing about our trip soon. ; )



0 comments: