Pages

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Wild Animal Park


On Valentine's Day this year, a baby elephant was born at the Wild Animal Park. If you knew how much J.R. loves elephants you would understand what a big deal it was when a few short weeks later Pam, J.R. & I made a trip out to the Wild Animal Park.
I never before had the chance to visit and wanted to for a number of years. I was very excited for our visit. I was completely amazed by this park. We first got into a horribly long line thinking it was the Journey into Africa tour. Thankfully, we quickly learned we were in the line for the Butterfly Jungle. We made our way over to a much shorter line. This tour was incredible.









We then made our way over to the lions. I was amazed at how close we were able to get. They are truly amazing creatures. After the lions we attempted to see the tigers, however, didn't have much lunch there. Then there was the whole reason we even went, the elephants.





We first thought one elephant was the new baby but quickly discovered the smallest one was being surrounded by other elephants. It eventually came out and was amazingly cute.



We decided to see the Cheetahs. However, none of us quite knew our way around the park and took a major detour. We ended up seeing quite a few interesting animals along with some huge gorillas. We finally go to the cheetahs and unfortunately they were sleeping.







The whole day was a lot of fun. Because of a really amazing deal J.R. and I were able to get passes for the whole year for only $15 more!

0 comments: