Pages

Thursday, August 28, 2008

My Birthday!

Today is my birthday! I am really excited about this one in particular for a number of reasons. First off, it's my golden birthday. To those of you that don't know what a golden birthday is I'll tell you. It is the birthday when your age matches the day you were born. So since today is the 28th and its my golden birthday, that means I'm 28 today. Golden birthdays are especially cool because you are supposed to receive gifts totalling how old you are. So that means I'm getting 28 gifts. Woo Hoo!

I used to always tease my mom about my golden birthday being such a large number. Let's face it, it can't get much bigger than 28. She would always respond with, "You'll be married by then and it will be your husband's job." I would return with "how do you know I'll be married by then?" Well, turns out I am. But that didn't stop my mom from buying me 28 gifts. My husband? Well, not so much. But that's ok because he got me probably the best gift ever.

I also thought that this birthday was pretty cool for another reason. It's a silly reason but I thought it was cool nevertheless. Today is 8/28/08 and I am turning 28. (Say that 5 times fast.) Not only that but my birthday is 8/28/80. Pretty cool huh? Ok maybe you don't think it's cool but I do. I caused quite the confusion on Tuesday when I was at the temp agency with writing the date and my birthday. I had a hard time keeping track of the two much less the girl trying to read my info. Ugh.

So happy birthday to me!

0 comments: