Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Sad and the Good

This week was a sad week. Our Disneyland passes expired. We've had them for two years now and really enjoyed them. But we can't rationalize spending all that money this time around so we let them go. Friday after J.R. got off work (he gets off at 1:30 on Fridays) we went to Disneyland for one last time. We had a blast. That new Toy Story ride is so much fun. For us it was really nice having the passes because we could always go just to have a nice dinner or it was just a place to get away from it all. So we will miss having our passes. Hopefully we might get them again sometime in the future.

Finally, I wanted to say how amazing God is. I've really been trying not to worry about our whole financial situation. God continues to tell me that He is my provider. I believe it but when you don't see where its going to come from its scary. A few weeks ago my friend gave me the following scripture.

But those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

It's a great scripture but I have yet to fully understand what it means for me in my situation. I know it has to do with my job and that situation but I'm not sure what it means for it. So I guess I continue to wait. (Ha! No pun intended.)

But as to why God is amazing (sorry got a little sidetracked). Last week I got a call asking if I would be willing to participate in a survey. I said sure as I don't have anything better to do. Oh yeah and they would pay me $200. Um yeah I'll give you my opinion for $200. So that's what I did yesterday. I sat in on a study group about cars of all things. There's also the possibility for more money if they decide to do an in home interview. So I am just grateful to God because I know He's going to take care of me one way or another.

0 comments: