So this post is really late in coming but that seems to be my theme this month. For years my family has had season passes to SeaWorld. Since J.R. and I have been married that hasn't changed for us. We don't go as often as we would like. But we still love going down there. San Diego is probably our favorite place to go. We wish we could live down there someday.
This year for New Years we decided to spend the day at SeaWorld. The first part of our day ended up being quite an adventure. First, we didn't get down to San Diego as soon as we would have liked. But we finally got there, parked the car and were ready to go inside. Then it happened. I took one step outside of the car and my sandal broke. Completely broken, no way to repair it. I definitely wasn't able to walk on it as the strap had fallen off on one side. So we got back in the car and drove around trying to find a store to buy some shoes for me.
We drove down just a little bit and J.R. saw a sign that said "SHOES!" So we pulled in and I hobbled in only to find that they only sold men's shoes. Thankfully, the lady working there told us about another store just down the street. Great! We drove to this store and saying it was a madhouse would be an understatement. Well, I searched and searched and couldn't find anything I really liked. I have to be a little picky about my shoes because if I don't get really comfortable shoes my feet start to hurt and well I'm not the most pleasant person when my feet hurt.
So we were looking for a certain cheap shoe store that seem to be everywhere but we couldn't think of where one was. We went out to the car and low and behold, we had driven by one as we drove through the parking lot. J.R. and I looked at each other and asked how we had missed that one. I eventually found some cute sandals that are oh so comfortable and we were on our way again.
We ended up having a really nice day just relaxing. We saw a couple of shows but that's not really a big thing for us. Because when you've been going for years, those shows don't change much. So they get a little boring after so many times. The park closed at 9. We went to my parents, as it's on the way back to our house. (And we borrowed their camera.) But we were all so tired. J.R. and I were home and in bed by 11:30. I didn't see the new year come. But that was alright with me as I had a nice day.
So here are some pictures from our trip that day.














0 comments:
Post a Comment