Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

Greg

The past week and a half has been quite the adventure, to say the least. Friday was Greg's birthday. Saturday we had his birthday/going away party at our house. On top of this big event, Greg also moved in with us. His party got off to a slow start. However, bit by bit people began to show up. We ended the evening with a trip to the pool and some wii. It turned out to be a nice evening.

Wednesday Greg & I got out of the house early and were off to the Dr for his surgery. I then waited for hours for him to be ready to take home. Thankfully, I had Greg's newly purchased iphone to keep me entertained. I ended up draining the battery. I got the 3 of us lunch and got Greg settled in while J.R. was a saint and rushed around attempting to get Greg's prescription filled.

We finally were able to settle that and raced off to Danielle's graduation. We had dinner with the family after then collapsed once we got home. It was a long day.

The next week flew by with Greg recovering from surgery rather quickly. Before I knew it I was packing up his car getting as much as I possibly could into the thing. (And yes I did the packing because I knew I could get more into it then he could.) I was rather impressed at how much I was able to stuff in there. Wednesday afternoon J.R. Greg and I went to In n Out for Greg's last meal in CA (for the time being at least). We then said our goodbyes and he was off to Texas. It was really difficult and saddening to see him go. I most definitely miss him. But I am excited to see what the future and God have for him.

0 comments: