As of right now I have been out of work for a little over a week. I sent out quite a few applications almost a month ago. Sometimes schools take a while to get into gear, especially with the end of the school year approaching. Well, school is now out and now I play the waiting game.
In the meantime, one of my friends informed me that another private school was looking for a History teacher. Sweet! So I contacted them and their principal sent me an application. O.M.G. This was the LONGEST application I have ever seen in my life! When all was said and done it was 9 pages, 9 PAGES! There were 25, I repeat 25, essay questions. I swear it was like they wanted to forgo any real interview and just have me write out my responses to their interview questions. Because its a private school they can dig a little deeper and ask more personal questions. One of the questions was "Please write out information you feel our school should know about your family or family background." Excuse me? How does that pertain to a job in any way? Ugh. I didn't answer it. I told them there was nothing I felt they needed to know about my family. I finally finished that torturous application and emailed it. Thank God that is over with.
Last Friday I got a call from a public school to set up an interview. That was encouraging. My interview is on Friday. Then Monday I got a call from previously mentioned private school. I missed their call and called back. I haven't heard back from them yet. If I don't hear from them today I will be calling tomorrow. So I'm not worried about it. I know that God will provide the right job for me.
I am a little perplexed about whether I want either of these jobs. I don't know if I want to go back to public school. I was miserable, I mean miserable there. So I'm a little scared about going back. I realize its a different school in a different area. But my last experience obviously taints any future job hopes in a public school. The pay is incredibly much more. That would be nice. Since we are already used to living off practically nothing, J.R. figured out we would be able to pay off all our credit cards in one year, ONE YEAR. Wow! That would be fantastic. Especially considering I would really like to have that done before we have children. That would make life so much easier.
There are also pros and cons of the private school. I enjoy the private school environment much more, obviously. That is a big plus for me. It's my sanity. They don't pay as well, though I'm hoping because this is a much nicer school that their pay will be a little more than my last job. The other downside is the students at this school have a reputation for being snobs. I didn't come across much of that at my last school. Most of the students there are very down to earth. For many of them their parents struggle to keep them at a private school. They are not in the least bit spoiled, at least in comparison. So that brings on another battle with spoiled children and their parents. Something I've become used to but this would be on a grander scale.
So that is the state of my job search at this point. I'm not too concerned about any of it. I know God is in control and he'll place me where he wants me to be. I'm just nervous about both schools offering me a job. I'm not sure what I would do then. I'll just have to trust that God will show me where He wants me to be. Because honestly, I don't want to be anywhere else.
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Job Update
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment