Pages

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Self-Destruct in 5, 4, 3 . . .

Oh, the joys of technology. This morning I was driving to work. I had just merged onto the freeway when out of nowhere I hear a beeping sound. I started to panic. It was coming from inside the car, but where? Frantically, I began looking for the source of the beeping. None of the lights on my dash were lit up. Hmm? What could be wrong then? Then I noticed the flashing seat belt light on the passengers side. That's where it was coming from. I tried adjusting the bag so the beeping would stop. Wasn't happening. It was too heavy for me to move off the seat and continue to drive safely. The beeping continued to become faster and faster as though my car would self-destruct. Then it stopped. Relief. How sad is it that my bag, with all the papers I have to grade, is so heavy the car thought it was a person sitting there and was exclaiming that that person should be wearing a seat belt? 7 more days of school!!

0 comments: