Pages

Friday, May 30, 2008

Student Papers

I assigned my freshman classes their final project three weeks ago. It is due today. Before school even started I had one student come up to me to ask if she could turn her paper in on Monday. Excuse me? No. You've had three weeks, THREE WEEKS. There is no excuse valid enough. She exclaimed that her mom's printer wasn't working. Oh in that case go to the computer lab and print it out, no big deal. She then informs me she can't type that fast. What? You don't even have it typed up? Sorry, I have zero sympathy for you. It would be one thing if she had it typed up ready for me to print off. That I can handle. I don't like it. But I can handle that. The girl doesn't even have it typed up. I tell her sorry no. She tries to convince me to take it anyway because after all, she does have it written. Again, no. I'm sure this won't be the only excuse I hear today. Sad. I just pray I don't get angry parents. I hate that. Try to teach your children some type of responsibility people.

On another note, I found this email from a student today with his paper as an attachment.

print! :)
dont you hate how much ink cost?
and when you cant find one of your 30 bajillion flash drives!!

Too funny. His I will take.

0 comments: