Pages

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving! I figured I would use this post to count the many blessings I have in my life. So here goes, one for every year I've been alive.

1. My salvation - The best gift ever given.

2. My relationship with God - I don't know where I would be without Him.

3. My husband - He is the second greatest thing God has given me. I'm so incredibly thankful that he is a part of my life.

4. My parents - I am so lucky to have two wonderful parents. They are such a great example. I couldn't ask for better parents.

5. My brother - I am very lucky to have such a great brother and the growing relationship we have.

6. My family - Some may say this is a little redundant, however, for me there is a big difference between my immediate family and the rest of my family. And I'm very thankful for them all. All my grandparents are still alive and I hope that one day I can give them great grandchildren.

7. My church family - Because we don't live very close to any of our family (never have really), our church family is very important. I'm so glad to have such a wonderful place where I can go and feel supported.

8. My friends - Growing up I never had many friends. We moved so often and I was very shy, so it would take me a long time to find good friends. I am so thankful that I have been able to cultivate a good group of friends.

9. Hope in God's promises - I am so thankful that I can hold on to the promises of God because He does not lie and what He promises He will do. That is a wonderful thing to be able to hold on to in the midst of any trial.

10. My health - I may not be in the greatest of shape, but things could be far worse. I am so thankful that my body is healthy, as well as the rest of my family.

11. My home - I am so thankful that I have a nice home where I am safe and secure.

12. My car - I am thankful that we have a nice little car that is reliable and will get us where we need to go.

13. My citizenship - I am thankful to live in a country where I am free to speak my mind, live my life, and worship how I want to. That is an incredible gift.

14. My education - I am so thankful that I was able to get a good education.

15. Food - I don't have to worry about where my food will come from. I don't have to worry about going hungry. That is truly a wonderful thing to be thankful for.

16. Water - These are basic needs, however, much of the world has to worry about these things. I am thankful that I don't have to worry about being able to get clean water.

17. California - While I may not always be thrilled with the state I am living in, it is a wonderful place to live. I am very spoiled to be living here. People spend their entire lives saving to be able to come on vacation here once. I get to live here.

18. My cats - This may seem silly. But they bring me such comfort. They are wonderful to have around and my house would be so quiet without them.

19. J.R.'s job - I am very thankful that he has a steady job. I don't know where we would be without it. While things aren't wonderful financially at his job, it is a secure job.

20. My job - Even though I haven't started working yet and I'm still trying to find another job, I am thankful for the job I know that God will provide for me.

21. God's provision - I am so very grateful for God's provision during this difficult time for J.R. and I. Despite my not working we have been surviving through God's provision.

22. Rain - It's just started raining again. It's much needed and I love it!

23. My blog - I'm so thankful for a place where I can express myself. And more importantly I'm thankful for all the wonderful people I've met through blogging.

24. My future children - I may not know when they will come, but I am so thankful that one day I will be able to hold my children.

25. My clean house - It's taken a while to get to this point and I'm hoping I can hang on to it. But I'm so thankful that for the last few weeks I've had a clean house.

26. My mother in law - As much as she can drive J.R. and I crazy, she is really wonderful to help us out whenever we need it.

27. My former students - While many of them caused me quite a bit of aggravation, I learned so much from them. I am so thankful for the time I was able to spend with them.

28. My books - I am thankful that I am able to have such a large collection of one of my favorite things.

So Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you have a wonderful day spent with friends and family!

0 comments: