Pages

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Wonderful World of . . . Video Games?

I have never been one to play video games all that often. As a child, my favorites were Super Mario Bros and Tetris. That was it. As I got into my teen years, almost any desire to play video games disappeared.

As I got to college one of my roommates turned me onto the Sims. That became a bit of an obsession unfortunately. My favorite part about the game was creating new houses and decorating them. Still not much in the way of an "actual" video game.

A few months ago, J.R. and I were visiting his aunt and uncle's house. It was then I discovered the most incredible invention known to man, the Wii. Ok so maybe it's not the most incredible invention known to man, but it is pretty cool. I was hooked. J.R. and I have been talking about the fact that we want a Wii ever since. However, seeing the current state of our budget, that just doesn't seem to be a possibility. We're hoping we can get one someday.

On Monday of this week, we again went over to Chris and Jerry's house for dinner with the family. We, as usual, had a nice time. But we discovered a new game on the Wii, boxing. Yeah, I'm sitting here two days later and am still pretty sore. J.R.'s 13 year old cousin had a great time laughing as he watched us try to beat each other up. I'm sure we looked pretty silly. It was a lot of fun but wow what a workout. I was almost to the point that I was sweating. Yet another great reason to get one, its a way to workout as well.

So we'll see if J.R. and I get our wish to own our own Wii. Until then, I think I'll finish recuperating from this last experience. :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Wii is awesome! I said the same thing that I would use it to workout, but sadly I dont often. I want to get the Wii Fit so I can workout with it. Anyway-the Wii rocks and I hope that you get one!