Pages

Friday, November 21, 2008

In Sickness . . .

Yesterday, J.R. and I both were sick. J.R. quite a bit more than me. It wasn't fun. I tried to do my best to take care of him. He threw up from about 5am to 10 or 11am. It wasn't cool. And I had to keep my distance otherwise I would have been in the same situation. I did manage a run to the store to pick up some essentials. But I was quickly beginning to suffer the same fate. Thankfully, I never threw up because I hate throwing up probably more than anything in the world.

So J.R. and I spent all day in bed. We had a little Star Wars marathon. I'm amazed at the attention to detail the Logos Star Wars game has. It's incredible. The sets looks almost exactly the same. So we slept on and off throughout the day. J.R. came down with a fever. I shortly after came down with one as well. We were miserable. Thankfully, I have wonderful parents who sent Greg over with some soup and Tylenol (we had run out). My mom called later in the evening to check on us. She even waited on the phone while we took our temps. She's such a great mom. We are feeling much better today. J.R. went into work, albeit pretty sore from the workout he got yesterday. I'm starting to get hungry, so that's a good sign.

Turns out it was food poisoning from Tuesday night. A few others from church were sick as well. We still haven't figured out what caused it. I hope and pray it wasn't my pies, though I doubt it. But that settles it for me, no more potlucks. I've gotten food poisoning twice in the last 3 months from those things. I guess I'll be a little more picky with what I eat from now on.

0 comments: