Pages

Friday, May 9, 2008

Birthday and Baseball

Tomorrow is my husband's birthday. He will be 29. The amount of teasing about his "old age" has already begun in the last year of his twenties. The past few years we have started a tradition for celebrating J.R.'s birthday. He loves baseball. So we head over to the local minor league team for a baseball game. We invite everyone and just let them know if they can come great, if not oh well, we'll miss you.

Last night was our yearly trip. We had a lot of fun with our friends and family. I think we had more people show up this year than we ever had. We had some drama at the beginning. We decided to buy all the tickets at once so that we would have seats all together. I quickly called my parents to let them know that their tickets would be waiting for them at will call. It was then that they informed me that a couple of friends weren't going to be able to make it. So J.R. had to go back and return the two tickets. As soon as he finished that I got a call telling me never mind, they decided to come anyway. Great. So we went back to this poor woman, who by the way was already confused at our large ticket order (how difficult is it to understand that we need 16 tickets and we want them 5, 5, and 6 in a row?). That was just a small snafu though.


Everyone had a great time. I love doing this every year as its a very simple and easy way to have a birthday party. Relatively no mess or fuss involved. I send out an evite inviting everyone and basically that's it. No worrying about food for everyone. Not having to pay for food for everyone. Not having to worry about my messy house, which sadly is in need of much attention right now. It's something he loves. So it's a great way to spend a birthday. I'm not a huge baseball fan but I don't mind going to these minor league games as they are very entertaining.

0 comments: