This past weekend was a busy weekend. J.R., my parents, Greg and I all headed down to Pheonix for a day. Yep just one day. The last time the 5 of us went to Pheonix, J.R. and I were newly engaged (not even a week). We were going to celebrate my grandparents 50th Anniversary. We had a nice time that trip. However, the drive left quite a bit to be desired. The reason? J.R., Greg and I were piled into the back seat of my parent's Camery for almost 6 hours. Not what you would call a good time.
This time around we decided that it wouldn't be the best idea to repeat the trip that way. So we decided we were going to take 2 cars as none of us have a vehicle large enough to fit all 5 of us comfortably. The night before we were to leave, Greg ran into our pastor who asked about the trip. When he found out we were taking 2 cars he offered to let us use the church van. What a blessing that was! We were all able to fit into one vehicle and travel together. Saved a lot of money and was just more fun that way.
The reason for our trip? My grandparent's birthdays. My grandpa turned 80 and my grandma turned 75. I have to admit you wouldn't know it by looking at them. We went out to dinner with my grandparents and uncle. It was one of the most incredible meals I've ever had. We went to Flemings. Absolutely incredible. After dinner, we went to my uncle's house for dessert and gifts. We just had a nice time relaxing and talking. No big hoopla just a nice quiet evening.
The next morning we met my grandparents and uncle for breakfast and then headed back home. I feel like we were in the car longer than we were actually there. But we had a nice visit, even if it was a short one.
Monday, May 5, 2008
Birthdays and Phoenix
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment