A couple weeks ago my principal pulled me into his office to have a talk with me. He started by telling me this wasn't a good thing. Thanks for alleviating my fears buddy. I figured it was a problem with a parent. One of the downsides of working at private school is the parents can become very demanding and some even outrageous in their demands. Boy was I wrong. He shocked me when he told me they were going to have to let me go. After that point most of what he said was a blur. He said that enrollment is down and in not so many words told me anyone could teach my classes (thanks for the vote of confidence there). So I am out of a job as of June 13th. How appropriate it's Friday the 13th, not that I believe in such silliness.
So I'm now trying to find a job at a time when most of the schools, if they are even hiring, have made their decisions. I'd really rather not go back into the public schools. But if that's my only choice I will. But even in that sector there aren't many jobs available. Most of the jobs available are in Palm Springs. No thank you. I found one in San Diego at a charter school (sorta a private school but receives public funds too). I wouldn't be to upset about moving down there. Though I would miss my friends at church.
There is one job I found that is actually my dream job. It's an online History Teacher. How fantastic is that? I get to do basically everything through the computer. I'd also have to have office hours for anyone who would need tutoring. Not a bad deal. The only problem? This job is in the Seattle area.
For the past few months J.R. and I have been talking about moving there. However, we always felt that it was just a dream or something that, if it happened, would happen in the future. We both really want to get out of California. I'm tired of living here and I definitely don't want to raise my children in this culture. It's a miracle that J.R. is on board with this as it would require him to leave all his family. But there we are, seriously considering it. I'm going to apply for the job and just see what happens from there. We are praying that God's will is done. So if he wants us to move great, if not we'll be ok with that too.
There are a couple of downsides to this. We would have to move away from all our friends and family. I would dearly miss my friends. The upside? My parents aren't opposed to following us up there. That is fantastic. I really don't think I would be able to live so far away from my mom. So we'll see what God has in store for us. Neither of us are very sure and are just trying to see where He will lead us.
Monday, May 19, 2008
New Job
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment