This past Sunday at my church was Missions Sunday. This is the day the church sets aside time for missionaries we support as a church to come in and speak. To celebrate this day we had an all church BBQ after church. It was really good and nice to spend time with family and friends. Afterward a few of us went to Dairy Queen, as it was over 100 degrees and we were all melting.
Monday night before dinner I started to feel a little nauseous, usually not that big a deal. I continued to eat my baked potato. Why oh why did I keep eating? By the end of the meal I was feeling horrible. But I didn't think too much of it at that point.
J.R. and I then went to Target to pick up a few things. I continued to feel worse and worse. I could barely walk around Target as I was so nauseous and dizzy. Not fun at all. I got home and laid down hoping this horrible feeling would go away. It didn't. I ended up throwing up half the night. I hate throwing up probably more than anything else in the world. It's so disgusting. Tuesday morning I was feeling very weak and tired but at least my stomach wasn't doing too bad. I didn't have anything left in it and was not about to put anything else in there.
I called my mom on my way to work to let her know about my pain and suffering. She then told me that my dad and brother had been sick all night too. We had food poisoning. The only meal that we've had in common in the past few days was at the church BBQ. We're figuring the potato salad was the culprit.
I braved going to work Tuesday. Most of my classes told me I looked horrible and I should go home. Thanks guys. I've been so weak that even just sitting at my desk all day is more work than I can muster. I actually laid on the floor during my prep and lunch. All I wanted to do was go home. But I hate missing work and feel like I've missed too many days already. So I toughed it out. The shocking thing? My freshman classes have been fantastic. They sat there and did their work quietly. I'm amazed.
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Church BBQ
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment